20th Aug

If VA personnel refuse to treat me in accordance with my gender identity, to whom should I complain?

If the problem is a lack of sensitivity or understanding on the part of local VA personnel, a visit with the facility’s Patient Advocate may resolve the situation.  If, on the other hand, the problem is that facility’s interpretation of what the Gender Alteration prohibition means, there is little that one person can do.  Anger or threats […]